Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Vilsack Denies He’s the Boogeyman

“A Nightmare on Elm Street,” begat Freddy Kruger, “Halloween” begat Michael Meyer, “Friday the 13th” begat Jason, “Child’s Play” begat Chucky, “The Night Before Christmas” begat Oogie Boogie,” “The Bush Dynasty” begat Dick Cheney, and now “The ’08 Iowa Caucuses” has begotten our own Boogeyman, Governor Tom Vilsack.

I'm your boogie man, that's what I am.
I'm here to do whatever I can.

Despite rumors circulating on the national political scene that Tom Vilsack’s presidential bid will “scare off” the competition in the Iowa caucuses, Vilsack denies he’s the Boogeyman. Vilsack issued an open invitation to a national cable audience: "I think every candidate for president who's interested in being the President of the United States needs to come to Iowa and we need to campaign together.”

This said, I wonder what other potential Boogeymen and/or Boogeywomen will rear their heads and enter the presidential race -- emerging from underneath the bed or basement stairs, a dark closet, an abandoned warehouse in Texas, the oval office, or an undisclosed Wal-Mart near you.

The big question for Iowans is: Do we have enough room for more than one Boogeyman? After all, we already have our own Boogey man and “Master of Horror,” Rep. Steve King.

I'm your boogie man a-ha
I'm your boogie man a-ha
I'm your boogie man a-ha
I'm your boogie man a-ha
WOOO!OOOh aaah
OOOh aaah

0 comments: